I am a writer, designer, and artist in the Washington DC area. I graduated from Brown University, where I majored in Early Modern British History, but also focused on English literature, literary theory, and architecture and art history.
I started this blog to:
1. Focus my thinking so I can make sense of some disparate interests and ideas that might otherwise hang around. I think through writing and conversation, and a blog seemed like a natural way to go about it.
2. Provide some motivation to keep on top of my sketching and painting a) as an act in and of itself, and b) as a way of thinking.
3. Join a larger arts and letters conversation. I have enjoyed, learned from, and been inspired by the blogs I follow. I hope mine can provide the same service to other people.
4. Have fun.
What can you the reader expect out of this?
1. Compelling and intelligent short form pieces of clearly articulated thought, or at least some interesting questions.
2. Images of finished works, sketches, and works in progress that a) show my development and questions I am trying to answer and b) offer insight or support to other artists and writers.
3. A few good posts a month. Possibly more. It all depends on what else is going on, but since I am using this as a motivator for me, I won’t let it lag for very long.
Thanks for visiting. I hope you enjoy the blog.
All content copyright of Corey Aber unless otherwise noted.
Good aims especially the having fun one. Blogging is a great way to meet artists and share your vision. It is very interesting to see how your paintings develop and the thoughts that they arouse.
Thank you! I have found this to be even more rewarding than anticipated. I am pleased you’ve enjoyed what you’ve seen so far.
Saw your comment on another blog and followed through. I enjoyed looking at your paintings, I like the loose style of the watercolour sketches. Tony
Thanks for finding my blog Tony. I checked out yours and find your work to be very interesting.