Completed window study

IMG_3304.JPG

I am finished with this window study. I found a way to fit some energy into this small piece by jamming my princeton neptune #8brush into my palette, drying it out then jamming it and scraping it into the paper. That brush is great for that sort of thing. I also splattered and dabbed paint on the siding and added more and more paint throughout unevenly, dropping different colors into way paper, dabbing and dipping more in. I like how this one turned out. Might be worth a bigger sheet of paper. I am looking forward to doing some 20×30 paintings this winter. For now I am experimenting with smaller and atypical compositions to work out pieces and ideas.

Here’s a close up. Thanks for reading.

IMG_3306.JPG

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “Completed window study

  1. Phyllis November 30, 2014 / 1:09 am

    That could be a peek through Leslie’s farmhouse window. I like the addition of the siding.

  2. whimseytopia November 30, 2014 / 6:28 pm

    I like this too. Actually I thought the curtain on the left, at first glance, looked like a figure, but then I realized it is not. Nice painting. I’m mad for your paint box too.

    • coreyaber December 1, 2014 / 7:46 pm

      Hey thanks! Glad you like the paint box. I’ve seen it on other blogs and wanted it for a while before finally breaking down and getting it. I like it even more than I expected.

    • coreyaber December 1, 2014 / 7:46 pm

      Thank you!

Comments are closed.